This passion for academic development is rooted in the many service and extracurricular opportunities that Brandon has taken part in.
Social Cognition Lab (January 2009-June 2009, January 2010-May 2010)
- Researched sexism and racial identity through survey, online, and quantitative methods.
- Involved in measurement recalibration and accuracy measurement.
- Coded data obtained from Qualtrics, paper surveys, and various psychological measures.
- Conducted data collection off-site in a community setting.
No Parent Left Behind (September 2010-May 2011)
- Pursued extra research training in qualitative research
- Conducted community research with children in a school environment
Center for the Homeless (September 2007-October 2008)
- Worked in individual and large group settings.
- Multitasked: Guest care, telephone and messaging, and medicine distribution.
- Maintained community relations and organized donations.
Core Council for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Questioning Students (Spring 2009-Spring 2011) Member
- Conducted freshman campus orientation on LGBT campus culture.
- Organized itinerary for a LGBT Coffeehouse and poetry exhibition.
- Engaged staff, faculty, and resident assistants on topics concerning LGBT issues
AllianceND (Fall 2010-Spring 2011)
- Led 40-person officially unofficial gay-straight alliance group in its efforts to achieve official club recognition at the University of Notre Dame.
- Initiated fundraising campaign for group, raising over $600.00, utilizing social media
- Coordinated community involvement with the local LGBT resource center.