Brandon Keith Buchanan
|13836 Willesden Circle.● Fishers, IN 46037●t: (317) 363-4598● e: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Research-focused college graduate looking to obtain a position that will utilize strong interpersonal, clerical, and administrative skills.
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, May 2011, GPA: 3.41/4.0
University of Notre Dame Study Abroad: London Program
Student Leadership Award Recipient, 2011
Mel Bautista Service and Leadership Award, 2011
Doan Scholar, 2009
Social Cognition Lab (January 2009-June 2009, January 2010-May 2010)
- Researched sexism and racial identity through survey, online, and quantitative methods.
- Involved in measurement recalibration and accuracy measurement.
- Coded data obtained from Qualtrics, paper surveys, and various psychological measures.
- Conducted data collection off-site in a community setting.
Center for the Homeless (September 2007-October 2008)
- Worked in individual and large group settings.
- Multitasked: Guest care, telephone and messaging, and medicine distribution.
- Maintained community relations and organized donations.
International Summer Service Learning Program (Summer 2010)
- Advocated within the Disability Legislation Unit of Vidya Sagar, an Indian NGO.
- Acted as a teacher’s assistant in a class for non-verbal students.
No Parent Left Behind (September 2010-May 2011)
- Pursued extra research training in qualitative research
- Conducted community research with children in a school environment.
Core Council for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Questioning Students (Spring 2009-Spring 2011)
- Conducted freshman campus orientation on LGBT campus culture.
- Organized itinerary for a LGBT Coffeehouse and poetry exhibition.
- Engaged staff, faculty, and resident assistants on topics concerning LGBT issues
AllianceND (Fall 2010-Spring 2011)
- Led 40-person officially unofficial gay-straight alliance group in its efforts to achieve official club recognition at the University of Notre Dame.
- Initiated fundraising campaign for group, raising over $600.00, utilizing social media
- Coordinated community involvement with the local LGBT resource center.
Language ∙Intermediate Spanish
Computer ∙ Word • Excel • Publisher • PowerPoint • PsychINFO • Qualtrics • SPSS statistical package
Interests ∙ Rock climbing • Tae Kwon Do • Gardening • Ballet • Sociology of Social Stratification