Now that we have the first football game in the books, it seems like we are really “back to school”.
Thanks to all the OIT volunteers who helped to make 2011 BTS a success:
– 17 OIT staff members participated in the Ambassador program to sweep residence halls.
– Approximately 30 OIT staff members took shifts and passed out OIT information at information fairs:
– Residence Hall Staff Resource Fair/Training—information and training fair for R.A.s sponsored by Office of Student Affairs and Office of Residence Life & Housing.
– Information Outpost—where FYS students get their ID cards. Sponsored by Card Services—600 students attended Thursday, 8-18 and 1,200 attended Friday, 8-19.
– Student Services Open House—for FYS students to get more information about campus services sponsored by Student Services and held in LaFortune.
– Graduate Student Information Fair—general information fair for graduate students. 453 graduate students attended (attendance way up from 2010).
– Transfer Students Information Fair—general information fair for transfer students only.
OIT also coordinated the Cellular Telephone Provider Information Fair—AT&T and Sprint set up tables in the Library Concourse for students.
Approximately 15 OIT staff members helped with the Mandatory Computer Security Training. 1933 FYS students attended this training. Some additional statistics during 20 fifteen minute sessions over six and a half hours.
– 1933 students attended, and we gave each one an Information Security whiteboard.
– 1284 students participated in the ATS cell provider and device SMS poll.
– Jared created 80 custom pingpong balls on the EggBot (including quite a few Death Stars).
– A couple of hundred people explored the Surface table, including some talented…and not so talented musicians.
Help Desk support staff worked extended weekend hours to help students in their rooms, online or by phone.
DSS support staff helped to provide hands-on support to many in during BTS
ND Computer Store and Repair Center worked extended weekend hours to get hardware and software orders to the students.
Several of our golf cart drivers stopped to give tired people a lift to wherever they were going, provided directions, passed out maps and were available to give rides to the OIT volunteers going to South Dining Hall.
All-in-all, it was a great week.
Thanks again to everyone.