Day 29 (Saturday, August 21): Chicago.

Enjoying the sites of downtown Chicago

We spent the day in Chicago with our family: our girls, Michaela and Ally, Renate’s mother, Anneke, Renate’s sister and brother-in-law, Debby and Matt, and their two young children, Jake and Julia. The day was filled with shopping and Millenium Park visits. I finalized the plans for our ride into campus today and spoke to the incoming freshman class at Notre Dame from the Santa Fe building in downtown Chicago. This building has a Notre Dame Bookstore inside and other Notre Dame offices, and it is largely used for the executive MBA program. It is a beautiful edifice.

Greg speaking to the freshman class via video feed

Freshmen and parents in Jordan Hall listening to Greg's presentation

Incoming freshmen, it was great talking to you today via a technological marvel. I am sorry I could not welcome you in person. To all the freshmen: I can’t wait to meet you! I hope to see you at noon on Monday. I am so glad that you have decided to come to Notre Dame. We are very lucky to have all of you. I know you will love Notre Dame. There are so many things to love—from the campus, to your classes, dorms, new friendships, and the rich Notre Dame tradition. Yes, you will even love the football games! Enjoy orientation and the time with your families this weekend.

See you soon!

Go Irish.

2 Comments so far

1.    peter en willy on August 22nd, 2010

Lieve Renate en Greg ,Proficiat met het behalen van deze ongelooflijke prestatie !!!!! Natuurlijk ook met Renate,s verjaardag en jullie 20 jarig huwlijk.
    Wat geweldig voor jullie dat de familie in Chicago is . Was het een verrassing of er een beetje op gerekend ? Jullie zijn een geweldig stel mensen om zo iets te kunnen presteren .Wat een conditie .

Liefs van Peter en Willy

2.    CAROLEE on August 22nd, 2010

congratulations!!!! You look great…Greg I think your hair is growing back….keep riding.
    Say hi to your mom and the girls.

miss you.