About the Staff Chaplain

James Bracke_FINAL for Web

Hi, my name is Fr. Jim Bracke csc. I am filled with joy and wonder at all of the nearly 5,000 women and men who support the mission of this blessed University. Blessed Fr. Basil Moreau csc, the founder of the Congregation of Holy Cross and the community who administers this place of learning, said that clergy and lay must labor in union for the good of the Lord’s mission. Truly that is what takes place daily here. I followed the big shoes of Fr. Greg Green csc who served for 25 years as staff chaplain. I thank Fr Greg for opening many doors and he is still at the University serving at Welsh Family Hall.  I have been a priest of Holy Cross for over 33 years and have been in parochial, high school,chaplaincy and prison ministries. I am inspired by how all of you work to make the mission of the university possible. If I can be of any assistance, please use this blog to ask questions( no questions are bad), call me at 574-631-4131 or e-mail me at James.A.Bracke.4@nd.edu. Daily I pray for you and your intentions at the Grotto and it is a humble privilege to say “Thank You” for you and all your service.