我终于到了!Arrival in Beijing

Upon arriving in Beijing, I immediately realized I had a bit of ways to go in terms of language progress. Asking people for directions at the airport and on campus, I never completely understood what anyone said.  As far as adjusting to the life at Peking University, there wasn’t anything too difficult.  Class is a little overwhelming, not necessarily because of the difficulty of the course (though it’s not easy) as much as the sheer amount of time it takes in the day. I do wish there was a little more time to go exploring, but I’m sure I’ll be able to better manage my time for this in the future.

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 9.05.45 PM

The food situation is interesting.  There are many things that we’ve been warned against, such as cold dishes, fruit, and food carts on the side of the street.  The dining halls and restaurants on campus are very reasonably priced, it’d be hard to eat more than .  A lot of the other students complain about the food but I actually like it hahaha.  Once late at night everything was closed and I was pretty hungry so I bought something from a kind of dicey looking place.  I wasn’t really sure what I was eating, but I survived!  The wifi is a little tricky and you have to use a vpn for some sites, but so far everything’s gone pretty smoothly, and still excited to be here.