Winding Down in Seoul

Hello Again,

I can’t believe it’s true, but week 4 in Korea has been completed. The time has really flown by and now I have one week left in Korea. Taking it from the title, the time has really wound down and so has my activities. I’ve been taking it easy for the past week, outside of going to classes and getting meals with friends, I haven’t done too much sightseeing.

Cheap Eats!

Seeing that it is the second to last week everyone has been studying and hunkering down to prepare for finals. Our class review sessions will begin at the beginning of the week, while our two-day exam period will be on Thursday and Friday. I’m excited to see how all my studying and hard work will pay off. I am not worried like I usually am at Notre Dame when finals come around, but instead, I feel that I will be able to do well on my examinations.

I haven’t gone out too much in the past week, I have been staying close to Sinchon, the city that has been hosting me the past month.  Sinchon has become like a second home to me because it is only about a 10-minute walk from my dorm. While preparing for finals, I have been spending most of my time in Sinchon, where many eateries, cafes, and stores are located.

A night out with friends in 신촌 (Sinchon)

My favorite places to go in Sinchon would be to the many cafes they have dotting the streets. Cafes and cafe-culture is a big thing in Korea. There are archery cafes, raccoon cafes, cat cafes, meerkat cafes and many more themed cafes throughout the city. For studying purposes, I try not to go to the themed cafes, but instead, I stick to the ones that strictly serve a nice cup of coffee or pastry.

Rooftop view!

I’ve had a very relaxing week and I am very excited about my last week in Korea. Hopefully, I do well on my exams which will allow me to spend my last days in Seoul with my friends.

Until next time, 안녕!!