Blog Post #5: Genie Music Festival

7/23/2018

This Saturday I went to my first Korean concert/music festival. I went on a field trip hosted by my program to Genie Music Festival, and the artist line-up was amazing! The artists were: Haon, Villain and Moti, Soma, OLNL, Saay, Jooyoung, Black Nine, Junoflo, Heize, DPR Live, Crush, Ambition Musik (Changmo, Hash Swan, Keem Hyo Eun), Dok2 and The Quiett, and Simon Dominic. Although I did not know all of the artists, I did know most of them.

The festival was split up into sitting and standing sections, but you were free to move between the two sections whenever  you felt like it. My friends and I started in the seated section because we did not know most of the opening acts. However, after we got some dinner (the entire festival was from 3 to 9:30), we we went to the standing section to watch the more popular artists. Even though we were inside and the A/C was on, we were sweating from all the body heat and jumping up and down to the music.

This was definetly the most exciting day that I have had in Korea so far, and I am so happy and thankful that I had the opportunity to see some of my favorite artists live. Even if I had the chance to watch the same artists live in the states, I think that the experience would have been completely different.

Here are some picture I took on Saturday. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to upload any videos as the files are too large.

Haon

Jooyoung

Heize

DPR Live

Crush

Amition Musik

Dok2 and The Quiett

Simon Dominic