And So The Journey Begins

Ever since I was a little girl, it has always been my dream to visit Japan. With all the daily hassles of going to school and taking care of my siblings on my own, I always found solace in indulging in Japanese pop culture. However, as I’ve grown older that love for Japan has transformed into so much more. I want to learn and experience so many things in Japan. I want to talk to locals and participate in local festivals and events. I want to get to know people and their stories.

And so, the moment has come. The wheels of the plane begin to move, slowly picking up speed. I can hear the gentle shaking of the airplane windows. I close my eyes and imagine all the possibilities in Japan, the people I’ll meet and most importantly, the things I’ll learn. As the plane’s speed edges closer and closer to flight I close my eyes, hold my breath and really take in the moment. I listen to the roar of the turbines and the excited chatter. I wait patiently until I finally hear it: the rush of wind signaling flight. Here is where my journey begins.