I am an incoming postdoctoral fellow at Indiana University.
I received my Ph.D. in Sep 2021 from the University of Notre Dame in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering where I was advised by Dr. Tim Weninger. I am also a member of the Center for Network & Data Science (CNDS).
My research centers on the intersection of formal language theory, graph theory, and data mining. More specifically, I study graph generative models using graph grammars.
Before this, I worked on community detection in complex networks at the Social Network Analysis Research Group at Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, India.
I will be defending my dissertation on September 3, 2021, at 315 Stinson Remick Hall from 9:30 am – 12:00 noon EDT.
Oral Candidacy Exam
I will be taking my oral candidacy exam on April 15, 2020,
at Stinson-Remick Hall 315 online from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm EDT. My proposal document can be found here, the slides here, and the video here (presentation begins around the 35-minute mark).
- Justus Hibshman, Daniel Gonzalez, Satyaki Sikdar, and Tim Weninger. Joint Subgraph-to-Subgraph Transitions — Generalizing Triadic Closure for Powerful and Interpretable Graph Modeling. ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining 2021.
- Satyaki Sikdar, Daniel Gonzalez, Trenton Ford, and Tim Weninger. The Infinity Mirror Test for Graph Models. Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. [code]
- Justus Hibshman, Satyaki Sikdar, and Tim Weninger. Towards Interpretable Graph Modeling with Vertex Replacement Grammars. IEEE International Conference on Big Data 2019.
- Satyaki Sikdar, Justus Hibshman, and Tim Weninger. Modeling Graphs with Vertex Replacement Grammars. IEEE International Conference on Data Mining 2019. [code]
- Corey Pennycuff, Satyaki Sikdar, Catalina Vajiac, David Chiang, and Tim Weninger. Synchronous Hyperedge Replacement Graph Grammars. International Conference on Graph Transformation, 2018 [code]
- Partha Basuchowdhuri, Satyaki Sikdar, Varsha Nagarajan, Khusbu Mishra, Surabhi Gupta, and Subhashis Majumder. Fast Detection of Community Structures using Graph Traversal in Social Networks, Knowledge and Information Systems, 2018. [code]
- Partha Basuchowdhuri, Satyaki Sikdar, Sonu Shreshtha, and Subhashis Majumder. Detecting Community Structures in Social Networks by Graph Sparsification. 3rd ACM IKDD Conference on Data Science, 2016.