[Please check the main page of my website to see which areas have open positions now!]
[Please read through the bottom of this page before contacting me. Thank you!]
About the University of Notre Dame
Both ND and CSE@ND have been highly recognized worldwide (data of 2018).
- ND being one of the “Hidden Ivies” – link
- ND ranked #15 in the U.S. and #1 in Indiana – link
- ND ranked #19 in the U.S. – link
- CS of CSE@ND ranked #49 in the U.S. – link
- Being self-motivated, hard-working, and mature
- Being able to learn any new language within a reasonable time frame
- Being able to use Linux/Unix systems
- CS Backgrounds corresponding to the final degree (i.e. core course contents)
- Having the backgrounds/interest in the areas mentioned in the main page.
Messages to prospective students
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts
- English proficiency test scores (if you are an international applicant) / GRE scores with percentiles (if you have taken the exam)
- A brief description of your research interest
- Please explain how your interest is related to the “areas of focus” mentioned in the main page.
- For example, if you are interested in doing research in machine learning & data analysis for cybersecurity / cryptocurrency / blockchain-based deep learning, I am unable to advise you because our group does not do research in those areas.
- Sample publications (if applicable)
Also, when you apply to the Ph.D. program (link), please add me as one of your potential faculty advisors. It also helps if you mention your strong interest in my research as well as my name in your Statement of Purpose (SoP).