Year end wrap up

By Daniel Martin

As Valentina noted in the last reflection, the school year is at its end. Honestly, it has been an awesome experience with Take Ten. I work at the Robinson Community Learning Center with Take Ten, and I get to see the incredible amount of hard work our Americorps members and work-studies put into the program to keep it running smoothly (not to mention Ellen, our Program Director!)

One of my tasks with Take Ten is to observe each Take Ten volunteer group in action as they teach students, and give them feedback on their lesson plans. That being said, it is an honor to have seen so many volunteers come together every week for an ENTIRE YEAR. They take time out of their busy school and work schedules to teach the wonderful message to local area students about the virtues of following the path of non-violence and offering the students the skills to do so. Without these volunteers, Take Ten could not possibly exist. On behalf of the Take Ten program, I would like to extend to these wonderful ladies and gentlemen, a most sincere thank you.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.