About Me

Greetings!

My name is Christian Talavera and I am currently a third-year graduate student at The University of Notre Dame in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. I graduated from Brown University in 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in chemistry. Before coming to Notre Dame, I worked two years as an Analytical Chemist at Eurofins Eaton Analytical, Inc. in Monrovia, CA. There, I analyzed disinfection byproducts in potable water. My current research, here at ND, focuses on understanding the photophysical properties of metal clusters for light-energy conversion processes. What does that even mean? In short, I study metals with sizes less than 2 nm in diameter and how they interact with light. The goal is to gain more insight how such material’s interaction with light can be exploited and implemented in solar cell technology or any other energy-related technology. Below you will find a link to my current Resume. Hopefully this will give you more insight on who I am and what my current trajectory in life is 😀

Stay tuned for more posts to come!!!

Enjoy!

Talavera_Resume