Each semester Notre Dame creates a Google Group for every section of every course. This is a ready-made alternative to maintaining your own list in an email program. Messages are archived on a web page — a convenient way to access old announcements.
How to find the email address of your class
- Open Inside ND.
- Find “Online Photo” and click the icon to open the site.
- Open the desired course.
- Click the envelope icon.
- A message box comes up, saying “You are mailing the following address(s):”
- Copy the address and add it to your email contacts list
- To send a message right away, click “Mail this list.”
At Notre Dame
- Sakai Email Archive tool – create a group address to use from your regular email program; Sakai archives the messages in your course site.
- Sakai Announcements tool – post messages in your course site; students can elect to view them there or receive them as email.
- Sakai Email tool – send a message from your course site to all students or specific individuals; you can also select by role, section, or group.
[updated July 2017]