Many departments create faculty bio pages that include contact information and a summary of research and teaching activities. If a faculty member wants a more comprehensive professional website, Notre Dame provides several options.
At Notre Dame
- sites.nd.edu – based on WordPress, a flexible tool for creating websites
- Conductor ($$) – used by over 500 internal sites, this content management system was created at Notre Dame. The minimum cost for a DIY site is $300.
- Google Sites – Google’s website tool (major update in 2016)
- External option – WordPress.com – additional flexibility & functionality
NOTE: wordpress.ORG is not the same as wordpress.com
- Help with WordPress | Learn WordPress
- Help with Google Sites
[updated August 2018]