You’re Invited! October is Dwarfism Awareness Month

Dear team,

I, Jessica Witous, am a short-statured individual, also known as a little person, or dwarf. I’m also a graduate of Rhode Island College, an east-coaster at heart, and a mean cook in the kitchen – please don’t let my height define who I am. Thus, I would like to welcome you all to an informal, light-hearted, presentation on Dwarfism Awareness, on Tuesday, October 27th. October has officially been deemed as Dwarfism Awareness Month in 20 states, including Indiana. I would like to use this opportunity to share facts, stories, and answer questions that any one may have. If you cannot attend, but have been curious about the topic, please let this be my invitation to you that my door is always open and I welcome any conversation regarding the like. I’ll be covering statistics, facts, my and Mikey’s history growing up, as well as tips and tools for encountering anybody with a disability, not just someone like me. Lunch will be provided.

I’m really blessed to be working with such an amazing, talented group of people, and I look forward to seeing you there!

Jess

2 thoughts on “You’re Invited! October is Dwarfism Awareness Month

1. We are blessed to work with you Jessica! I have always admired your determined, “can tackle anything” attitude.
    Thank you for doing this!
    Jeanine

2. Jess – this is perfect!!! What a great opportunity for us all. As I have seen you “teaching in action” with my daughter, I know this will be great. I think you could have a whole other career in presenting and teaching. Thank you for doing this:-)