College of Engineering update:

Please contact Eugenio Acosta AAD for Engineering with any specific questions or concerns regarding the news below:

The following message was shared with Engineering faculty and staff today:

Dear Colleagues,

As I mentioned several weeks ago in late March, I will be stepping down as Dean of the College of Engineering here at Notre Dame, a position I have had the privilege and joy to serve in for the past 10 ½ years.  I am pleased to report that I recently accepted the position of Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago.  IIT is a venerable institution with roots in the late 1800s and has a wonderful mission of commitment to underserved populations in the Chicagoland area.  It is also committed to STEM and professional education.  I will assume my new role August 1, 2018.

In the coming days, Tom Burish will be appointing an interim Dean of the College to serve over the next year while conducting a national search for a permanent dean.  I am deeply committed to helping the interim dean and the College during this important time of transition, and I am only a short drive away after August.

Again, it has been my privilege and joy to serve such an outstanding University and College of Engineering. Together, we have accomplished much in the last decade and, for that, I am very deeply grateful to all of you.  I will take my very fond memories of my time here at Notre Dame with me to Chicago.  Please know you will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

With my warmest regards, in Notre Dame,

Peter

One thought on “College of Engineering update: