Hiring Managers –
When one of your employees is departing from his/her current position, please complete the following within 7 business days of their departure notice.
Connect with Employee
- Discuss separation intent with the employee and direct him/her to the Important Information for Separating Employees page.
- Inform employee (fundraiser) to turn off find my iPad feature or provide user information to departmental IT
- Obtain a letter of resignation from the employee expressing the intent to leave and date of departure. A letter of resignation is not required for Temporary/OnCall positions. Sample resignation letter (DOC). Send to DBM, LOD, Recruiting and Senior Mgt (Due 24 hours after intent was discussed).*
- Inform DBM of scheduled exit interview date
- Provide HRC contact information.
*List of individuals to receive information on exit of the employee.
LOD – Bryan Reaume
Recruiting – Ann Moran
LODC – Gretchen Neely
DBM – Mary Ellen Koepfle
Meet with Employee
- Conduct final performance review (Endeavor.nd.edu).
- Discuss Exit Interview questions/answers.
- Complete Employee Asset Inventory Checklist.
Collect Provisioned Items**
- Collect ALL provisioned electronics and provide to LODC.
- Collect ALL keys, ID and Parking cards and provide to LODC.
- Collect ALL provisioned cards and provide to LODC.
** This could include computer/laptop, ID/Parking cards, credit cards, etc..see Employee Asset Inventory Checklist
- Provide exit write-up for UR intranet to LODC.
- Begin job posting process (if applicable).