Walk Along the Beach
June 1 – July 28
This virtual challenge begins in New Buffalo traveling along the historic West Michigan Pike, and ends in Traverse City. To participate, wear your pedometer and track your steps beginning June 1st. West Michigan beach towns will be highlighting on the Walk ND blog along the way.
Join Walk ND for group walks during the month of June. Bring a friend and meet other members in our growing club. To participate, register via RecRegister five days prior to the meet-up date. Walks will take place weather permitting. If weather is questionable, an email will be sent to confirm/cancel an hour before the scheduled starting time.
- Tuesday, June 4 – 6:15 am – Good Morning Walk. Meet outside the RSRC for a pre-work walk. Coffee & fruit will be provided by ND Food Services
- Wednesday, June 12 – 12:15 pm – Lunchtime Walk. Meet in front of the Main Building for a lunch time walk. Water & frozen juice bars will be provided by ND Food Services.
- Saturday, June 22 – 8:00 am – Saturday Dog Walk. Meet in front of the Compton Family Ice Arena for a morning dog walk through campus. Dogs must be leashed and owners will be responsible for picking up after their pets. Water will be provided for you and your pup.
- Thursday, June 27 – 5:15 pm – Happy Active Hour. Meet in front of Rockne Memorial for a Happy Active Hour of walking before starting your weekend.
Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00AM – 3:30PM
RecSports is hosting a Blood Drive Friday, Apr. 12 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM at Rolfs Sports Recreation Center to benefit Notre Dame Relay for Life. Please make an appointment online by using the sponsor code ‘Irish’. For every blood donor, South Bend Medical Foundation will donate $5 to Notre Dame Relay for Life.
Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:00PM – 7:30PM @ Rockne Memorial.
RecSports ZUMBA®Thon is a special event designed to get you moving and dancing! For an hour and a half at the Rock, RecSports ZUMBA® Instructors will lead the fun with pump-up music, dance steps, and a great workout. Register online via RecRegister, or purchase tickets in advance at Rolf Sports Recreation Center. All proceeds will be donated to Relay for Life.
Congratulations on finishing the first week of the WalkND Route 66 Team Challenge. So far, we have 21 teams registered! Please send your total step count from Feb 18 – Feb 24 to your team captain. Your captain will need to email your team’s total step count to firstname.lastname@example.org at the end of the day on Monday, Feb 25. The leader board will be updated by Wednesday, so check back!
- What happens if I drop my pedometer in the toilet? Please stop by the RSRC or The Office of Human Resources to get a new pedometer.
- How many steps do I need to walk each day? Your goal throughout this challenge is to walk 10,000 steps each day to get your team to LA by Memorial Day.
- Can I wear my pedometer when I run, bike, or exercise? Yes! Every step counts. Wear your pedometer from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep.
Questions? Email email@example.com for answers.
Welcome to the starting point of Route 66 in Chicago. Grab your pedometers and let’s start walking! The start of Route 66 has moved a few times. Currently, Adams Street at Michigan Avenue in Chicago is marked as the starting point even though Route 66 never departed from here. So far, we have thirteen teams registered for the challenge. Remember to record your daily step count at the end of each day and report your weekly total to your team capatin.
Teams 2013 Route 66 Teams:
- ESC – On Our Way
- The Red Hot Chili Steppers
- Teresa, Melody, Cindy, Emily, and fifth is TBD
- TCC Trekkers
- Pedal Pushers
- 4 Beauties and a Beast
- The Model A’s
- The Dream Team
- Honey Boo Boo
- The Walk Abouts!
- Running with Renee
- Morris Inn Movers
- Team Theo!
- Team Riddle
- The Free Agents
- Walking Geeks
- Gettin’ There GRADually
The WalkND Route 66 Team Challenge is a virtual walk from Chicago, IL, to Los Angeles, CA along the famous Route 66 Highway (Total: 2, 450 miles – 4,900,000 steps). Teams of 5-8 people will track their steps every day and report their total step count to firstname.lastname@example.org every Monday. The WalkND blog will track each teams progress across a map of Route 66 and highlight fun and interesting stops along the way. Prizes and giveaways will be awarded throughout the challenge. Don’t have a team to join? A ‘free agency’ program will be available for people who may not have a team to join. Email email@example.com to be assigned to a team. Every team who completes the challenge before May 27 (Memorial Day) will be entered to win our grand prize raffle, a $100 gift certificate to Metro Run & Walk. CLICK HERE for more information and to sign up your team today.
Join us for 24-hours of cycling from 12:00 PM Friday, Jan. 25 – 12:00 PM Saturday, Jan. 26 in the Rockne Memorial Cycling Studio B026 for the RecSports Spin-A-Thon.
RecSports is pleased to be teaming up once again with Women’s Basketball and the College of Science to fight Breast Cancer. Join our 24 hour Spin-A-Thon, beginning at noon on Friday, Jan. 25th in the Rockne Memorial Cycling Studio (B026). Ride for one, two, or all 24 hours to support local breast cancer initiatives.
Registration will be available online via RecRegister. Choose your time slot, and you’re all set! Donations can be made with your online registration. Contact Kristen at KMalmstr@ND.edu with any questions.