Why it’s Important to Protect Your Intellectual Property

Often times start-ups don’t have the resources to hire an attorney to make them aware of all of the legal implications that comes with starting a company and in turn, they aren’t aware of all the bases that they need to cover.  This article that was just published today on the National Law Review gives a breakdown of the types of intellectual property that exists and why it’s important for start-up companies to protect it.  Although it is brief, I think this is a good starting point for those interested in creating a start-up to read and be aware of.

2 thoughts on “Why it’s Important to Protect Your Intellectual Property

1. I’m glad I had the chance to read the article you posted, I found it really interesting and I agree that it gives a nice and helpful overview. I think intellectual property is nowadays often the most valuable asset a company has, especially since copying products and ideas has become very common and also more easy. Therefore, when starting a new business you can’t start thinking about protecting your intellectual property too early. And I would also agree, based on my on experience made during entrepreneur workshops, that legal protection for intellectual property often is not something entrepreneurs are eager to take care of, since resources are normally scarce during the starting phase and investing in production generally might seem more important.

2. Articles like this are so important for individuals who are not privy to such legal information. The legality of entrepreneurship plays a crucial role in determining whether a business will be successful or not. Thanks for sharing!