Day 15: Des Moines, IA to Omaha, NE

Today we enjoyed the last day of the beauty of Iowa; the countryside was just spectacular. It was hot and windy again, and for most of the ride the crosswind was challenging. We crossed the Missouri River late in the day and rolled into Nebraska.  Overall, it was a nice day on the road.

We were joined at our hotel outside of Omaha by Jim, one of my advisory council members, and his wife Ann.  They are so supportive of my rides. Last year, they even met us when we ended in Dallas.   This evening, we had a wonderful dinner at Jean and Ron’s house in Omaha, and the Notre Dame Club of Omaha president, Ed, joined us.  They gave each of us Nebraska Cornhusker shirts, just in case we might need them in the next few days.

This evening was a great ending to a wonderful day. The ride is extra-long tomorrow, so we’ll get started bright and early at 5 a.m.

2 Comments so far

1.    Deb Henderson on June 6th, 2012

Greg, it’s fun checking your blog daily to see how your ride is going. I am especially interested these Nebraska rides as it is my home state…I may add that Husker red is definitely your color! My hometown is Holdrege so I was thrilled to see that as tomorrow’s stop! I am sure the Swedes of Holdrege will be great hosts! Please stop by the North Park to view the beautiful Lundeen statue!

As a fellow Knollwood Country Club member, I am in awe of your commitment and dedication to this ride/fundraiser! Safe travels and sure I’ll see you back in Jessica’s step or piloxing class when you’ve completed your trip!

Deb Henderson

2.    Deb Henderson on June 6th, 2012

My maiden name was Deb Goering.