Day 22: Denver, CO to Granby, CO

Well, I knew today was going to be a tough, tough day.  During the first part of the day, Laura, a Notre Dame alumna and member of the Denver Club, rode with us for a few hours. It was a lot of fun talking about Notre Dame and, of course, football.  Thank you for riding with us, Laura! After you turned around we hit a rough patch of road with loose stones for about six miles.

Today was all about climbing.  First we climbed to about 9,000 feet and then descended into Estes Park, which is a beautiful town.  On the way back up to the summit of 12,100, we saw snowplows still sitting out, lots of snow lying around, and some very challenging hills.

As I was riding up the mountain and telling myself what a terrific challenge this was, I could not help thinking about the much more difficult challenges NPC children and their families face – day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute.  I am so honored to be able to ride for them and to raise money and awareness.  These families and children inspire me.  I am so honored to know so many of the families and children and to work with the Parseghians on this cause.

1 Comment so far