Analogous Immersion

Name: Kathryn D’Alessandro

“Well I use my Fitbit to track my runs so I can tell how far I’m running and how fast, which is a good way to know if I’m where I want to be for my runs. I also track my general fitness level by looking at my resting heart rate. The better shape I’m in, the lower it is. I’ve also hooked my Fitbit app up to a nutrition tracking app. Fitbit has its own food tracker, but it only counts calories, not nutrients. So that’s been really helpful so that I can see both.”

Name: Casandra Esteve

How do you technology for your health?

“Ok! In a lot of ways! A) planning: I found my running/training plan online at womansrunning.com and I downloaded onto my phone so I always check it through technology B ) training: I track my runs with the “map my run” from under armor. I listen to music on my phone for motivation. I do interval runs (so like 8 mins run/ 2 mins walking >>> the running time gets longer as I advance in my plan) so I set timers on my phone for each interval. C) the actual run I will probably listen to music for motivation as I run. D) diet: I researched what kind of diet I should have if I’m vegan and running a half marathon in order to be healthy and have enough energy.”

Name: Madeline Griffith

“I am doing the holy half! But tbh I’m not really using a lot of tech to prep – I occasionally use a gps watch if I run outside, but I mostly run inside either on a treadmill or on the track with a timer and music from my phone.”

Do you track your treadmill running stats?

“I pay attention to it and set specific values, but I don’t write it down…the only thing I log is distance and relative speed (like fast run, intervals, or slow run) I keep a log of weekly mileage on excel, with color codes for fast vs slow.”