Ethnography Summaries

I am awe struck at your team’s ability to see these disadvantaged individuals and to give them a voice.   I am very proud of the way you are approaching this daunting problem.  The quotes captured were very raw, personal, and humanizing.  The fact that Ed cannot even recognize a bad day anymore.  That Billy is so proud of starting school soon.  Or others that seem to not recognize the situation they are in.  It often seems that many don’t really “see”the homeless anymore.  Would it be better if we did?  Is there an area we should explore?

I would like to understand the pride factor more.  How did Billy get to this point?  Did he do it alone?  What motivated him?  I would like to understand the mentality more around “claiming a cot”.  How many go without a cot?  What is this process like?  How much time in the day is spent strategizing or lamenting this?  And your insight around the time in-between shelters and meals, coupled with a fully system of solutions, is spot on.

I look forward to reading the rest of the team’s ethnography summaries.  Keep up the great work!