Sincere Gratitude from Marcia

To My Notre Dame Development Family

Overwhelming is the best word to describe how you embraced my family                     during the difficult time following the death of my mother.

Your kind words – helped comfort our minds                                                                                    Your prayers – nurtured our souls                                                                                          Your gifts – sustained our body during our mourning period                                               Your support – continues to heal our hearts

My mother was a lifelong educator who traveled across the U.S. to mentor and teach.  Although she never visited Notre Dame, as her health began to decline, she felt the spirit that we call family at Notre Dame.

Our liturgy provides solace as it describes the life of my mother:

She extends her hand to the poor, she offers her help to the needy.                                    She is robed in strength and dignity, she is confident of the days to come.                              She is humble in disposition, she judges her neighbor by the scale of merit.                       Her speech abounds in wisdom, a kindly lesson is on her tongue.

~ The Jewish Women

Thank you all for your virtual hugs and condolences – they made a difference in our lives.

Marcia Kane Hittner & family