Senior Director, Western Region

On behalf of Joseph Gelchion…

As many of you are aware, we posted a position for Senior Director, Western Region not long ago.  I am happy to report we have found what I believe will be the ideal leader of that region.  Before I announce who that individual is, I’d like to first clarify the rationale behind this newly designed region.   A separate e-mail with the official announcement will go out later today.

Our growth over these past 3 -4 years has been significant.  To date, we have more than doubled in size and we fully expect that growth to continue.  Managing that growth will be crucial to our success.

With that said, we reviewed all regions and realized what we had known for a long time, the Western Region is simply too big.  California and Texas are like countries in themselves.  Kevin Cannon has done a wonderful job running this massive territory, but in the end we realized we needed to address our concerns over this size issue and our ability to best serve our donors both new and old.

What we have essentially done is split the Western Region in two.  The distribution of states will be announced early next week.  This will be done with as little disruption as possible.   I thank you all for your patience as we have worked through some minor tweaks that can be expected with this change.

Only the best,

Joe