Update on Sara Liebscher and Gavin McGuire positions

Dear team,

One year after the OAD process, I recently initiated a variety of reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of our structure implemented on March 1, 2014. Such exercises have included the recent data retreat, where we evaluated the current structure and our ability to most effectively manage data, and transform this into information, knowledge, and wisdom that drives our business.

In recent months, I have also asked Sara Liebscher to lead an expanded team in Athletics Advancement. Many of you are aware of this expanded team, which will include additional positions focused on operations, events, stewardship, and fundraising. Brian Powell, Kevin Nugent, Brent Henningfield, and Laura O’Sullivan have recently been appointed to several of these positions, and and I am excited about the impact they are having already. Sarah Futa continues excellent work in her critical role on the team, and Sara is recruiting three new employees to serve as fundraisers and key partners with all members of our fundraising team. In her leadership role, I am pleased that Sara will now assume the title of Sr. Director of Athletics Advancement. Through her excellent leadership and partnership with all members of our team, I am excited about the future cultivation of new philanthropy and stewardship of so many generous Notre Dame benefactors.

I would also like to take this opportunity to outline an expanded scope that I have asked Gavin McGuire to assume. In the role of Development Associate, Gavin will continue with his current responsibilities, but also manage a variety of staff communications for our team, maintain responsibility for stewardship of benefactors I work with, collaborate on cultivation strategies, and lead a variety of special projects. Another specific component of this expanded role will be a deliberate focus on organizational health and innovation. We will be introducing a variety of new concepts on how our team can continue to reinvent itself, provide innovative opportunities to employees across the team, and constantly strive for excellence in our cultivation and stewardship of benefactors. Working closely with each of you, I am excited about the impact that Gavin’s leadership will provide.

Please join me in thanking Sara and Gavin for their continued leadership on our team, and know that I look forward to engaging in dialogue with each of you as we continue to debrief the OAD process and structure.

6 thoughts on “Update on Sara Liebscher and Gavin McGuire positions

1. Congratulations Sara and Gavin. I look forward to working with both of you in the future.

2. Congratulations Sara! Congratulations Gavin! We are blessed to have you as colleagues.