Sympathy to Rita and Steve Udvardy

Alex S. Udvardy, 90, passed away on Friday, May 29, 2015 in his residence. He was born on September 25, 1924 in South Bend. He was employed by Studebaker for 20 years as well as Allied Signal for 20 years. Alex was a World War II Army veteran, being a part of the D-Day Invasion. He was married for 67 years to the love of his life, Geraldine, who passed away just over a month ago.
He is survived by his son, Stephen (Rita) Udvardy of North Liberty, three grandchildren Kyle (Jill) Bach, Colette Udvardy and Connor Udvardy and six great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be celebrated at 12:00 pm Friday, June 5, 2015 in Zahoran Funeral Home, 1826 Kemble Avenue. Burial will follow in Sacred Heart Cemetery. Friends may call from 10:00 am until time of services in the funeral home.

5 thoughts on “Sympathy to Rita and Steve Udvardy

1. My sincerest condolences to you and yours, Rita. May the Holy Spirit envelop you and buoy you during this difficult time.

2. Rita,

My deepest sympathy to you, Steve and your family. What a beautiful story of his life and the love of his life. Obviously he was not meant to be without her. They are together again, in Gods hands, the most beautiful place of all. I will keep you and your family in my prayers during this time of sorrow. God Bless.

Rose

3. Rita and Steve, Bob and I send our deepest sympathies. What a beautiful obituary and a grand tribute to Alex. It had all your color crayons all over it Rita, just beautiful…

4. Rita and Steve, I was waiting for the full obit because I knew it would tell us of their incredible love journey. I wish you and your family God’s love, strength, and comfort. Keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.