Best Wishes to Terry Donze in Retirement

Colleagues and friends,

It is with great sadness that I announce that effective March 1, 2022, Terry Donze will retire from Notre Dame and our University Relations team.

Since July 1988, Terry has served University Relations with great distinction in several important roles. Terry began her Notre Dame career by working for Fr. Ted’s niece, Ann Johnston, in the Annual Fund. She then transitioned to the Special Events team, where she worked for Jim Gibbons and Pam Spence. In 1996, Terry become Officer Assistant to Vice President for University Relations, Bill Sexton, and served along his side until his retirement six years later. And for the past two decades, Terry has worked closely with me and served as a cherished colleague, confidante, and essential leader of our team.

One of the division’s longest-serving members, Terry is beloved and admired across campus and within the broader Notre Dame family. A friendly face and welcoming presence for generations of alumni, parents and friends, Terry’s characteristic warmth, genuine love for the Notre Dame family, and complete dedication to the mission will be greatly missed.

As many of you know, Terry has battled health challenges over the past few years and will now focus her energies on getting better. While we are deeply saddened by Terry’s retirement, we also celebrate Terry and her exemplary career of service. Please join me in thanking Terry for her incredible dedication to Our Lady’s University over the past 34 years. I know that Notre Dame, Our Mother, will continue to watch over Terry, her husband, George, and all of their wonderful family from atop the Dome.

With love and utmost gratitude,
Lou

3 thoughts on “Best Wishes to Terry Donze in Retirement

1. Thank you for your many years of service, Terry! You always set the bar high and we shall miss you.

2. Terry, you have always been such a gracious colleague to me and others throughout Development and the University. You will be greatly missed! Continued prayers for your health and to you and your family in the years ahead.

3. A big hug to you, Terry, all the way from Atlanta. What a wonderful role model you have been to me and so many others. Please keep smiling and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.