Students will be greeted on Sunday, July 23rd outside Jordan Hall of Science. If you are flying, we recommend that you fly to either (1) Chicago O’Hare or Midway Airport and take the Coach USA bus or (2) South Bend and take an Uber which will drop students on campus at the Hammes Book Store. The students will just have a short walk to their dorms (housing assignments will be given out upon being accepted). A counsellor will be waiting at the Book Store for students to make sure that they can find their dorms and way around campus. All parents and students will be given a counsellor’s cell phone number as well as the I-SEE office phone number upon acceptance. Please note, Notre Dame’s campus is in Google Maps as well. For directions, please see this campus map.
What should I pack?
- Two weeks worth of clothes
- Toiletries (shampoo, deodorant, sunscreen, toothbrush and tooth paste, etc.)
- Swim suit
- Athletic wear
- A fan (some dorms are not air-conditioned), please email us if this is a problem.
Notre Dame will provide the following items:
- Classroom supplies including any print materials, calculators, etc.
- Computers and data collectors in the labs.
- Projector for presentations (which will be recorded for students to share, if desired).
- Energy lab equipment and a host of measuring sensors and controlling devices.
- Recreational sporting equipment (frisbee, soccer ball, basketballs, etc.)