About Me

Welcome!

I am Aaron Dingler, an Associate Teaching Professor in the Computer Science and Engineering Department at the University of Notre Dame.

Here is a little bit about me:

• In 2007, I graduated from Notre Dame with a B.S. in Computer Engineering. I stayed on for my M.S. and PhD in Computer Science and Engineering, graduating in 2013.
  • I worked for six years in the Engineering and Computer Science department at Seattle Pacific University, where I reached the rank of Associate Professor of Computer Engineering (with tenure). I was responsible for teaching a wide range of courses, mainly in the Computer Science and Computer Engineering curricula.
  • In June 2019, I started working at IBM in Austin, TX. As a Hardware Developer in IBM Systems, I was responsible for modeling specific core microarchitectural features of future IBM Power systems. I was part of a team that develops a cycle-accurate performance model (simulator) of the core.
  • In June 2022, my family and I moved back to Indiana, and I started teaching in the ND CSE department in Fall 2022.