Introducing Everything El

Does it ever seem like everyone around you has their life together and you’re alone drifting into the abyss of fear, panic, and uncertainty about not only the future, but your present?

Let me tell you that these people are pretty good at lying, and that people probably think you are too. My whole life, especially the past few years, I have struggled with not feeling like I am enough or that I am doing enough. Too much of my life has been about comparison of both my challenges and success to those of others rather than focusing on the beauty of my own personal self journey and development. Because of this, I have always wanted the opportunity to reflect and share my experiences. Hence, Everything El is finally born. Using Everything El, I plan to share things I have learned as a teenager and advice about college and the transition to adult life. My goal in writing this is not to tell people what to do or pretend I have my life together in any way. I simply want to share my journey thus far and provide stories, opinions, and information that people can relate to! I want to thank you all that are reading for visiting my page and hope you enjoy as I continue to explore my journey through life <3

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. ND students and alum, prepare yourselves for the classic ‘Notre Dame Intro’. My name is Ella Batz; I am a sophomore Neuroscience & Behavior major and Compassionate Care in Medicine minor on the Pre-Physician Associate (Pre-PA) Track. I am a Chicago native, and by that I of course mean I am from the Chicago suburbs (yay Glen Ellyn)! Some of my hobbies include shopping, writing, travel, hanging out with friends, and using the small bit of free time I end up having to relax! My roommate Ashleigh Cotter, who will definitely be featured in the future, wanted me to add ‘watch an obscene amount of Grey’s‘ to the hobbies list too… After a lot of exploration and changing my mind maybe 1000 times (who knows, it will probably change again), I have decided that I want to attend graduate school to become a Physicians Associate (yes, it is now Associate and no longer Assistant) after undergrad.

I am so happy that you’ve made your way here and hope you continue to read as I find my voice and share my journey throughout this process!!!