I am an economist at the University of Notre Dame. My primary fields of research are political economy and development economics. Read about my work as part of Notre Dame’s Women Lead 2018 feature or watch a video about my research! My CV is here.
- University of Notre Dame
- Institute of Labor Economics (IZA): Research Fellow
- Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD): Affiliate
- Ideas for India: Editorial Board Member
- Updated working paper: “Enfranchisement, Political Participation and Political Competition: Evidence from Colonial and Independent India.” (with Guilhem Cassan and Rinchan Ali Mirza), March 2022. Appendix.
- Podcast: “The Role of History in Shaping India’s Development,” (with Bishnupriya Gupta), Ideas for India Conversation, February 2022.
- Case study: “Hyperinflation in Venezuela,” (with Francisco Rodríguez), September 2021.
- Article: “Religion and Abortion: The Role of Politician Identity.” (with Sonia Bhalotra and Irma Clots-FIgueras), Journal of Development Economics, 153: 102746, November 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdeveco.2021.102746.
- Blog post: “Upholding Human Dignity Amid COVID-19 and Economic Collapse,” (with Angelina Soriano Nuncio, Eduardo Pages Jimenez and Imre Gabor Holtzer), Keough School Dignity and Development, July 2021.
- Forthcoming in Review of Economics and Statistics: “Leader Identity and Coordination.” (with Sonia Bhalotra, Irma Clots-Figueras and Joseph Vecci), January 2021.