I am an economist at the University of Notre Dame. My primary fields of research are political economy and development economics. Read about my work as part of Notre Dame’s Women Lead 2018 feature or watch a video about my research! My CV is here.
- University of Notre Dame
- Institute of Labor Economics (IZA): Research Fellow
- Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD): Affiliate
- Ideas for India: Editorial Board Member
- Blog post: “Upholding Human Dignity Amid COVID-19 and Economic Collapse,” (with Angelina Soriano Nuncio, Eduardo Pages Jimenez and Imre Gabor Holtzer), Keough School Dignity and Development, July 2021.
- Forthcoming in Review of Economics and Statistics: “Leader Identity and Coordination.” (with Sonia Bhalotra, Irma Clots-Figueras and Joseph Vecci), January 2021.
- All Else Equal podcast on “Understanding the Ideas Behind the 2019 Nobel Prize in Economics.” September 2020.
- Book: Violence without Borders : The Internationalization of Crime and Conflict, (with Muhammad Faisal Ali Baig, Quy-Toan Do, Daniel Garrote-Sanchez, Chau Le, and Andrei Levchenko), Policy Research Report, Washington, DC: World Bank, 2020.
- Working paper: “Enfranchisement, Political Participation and Political Competition: Evidence from Colonial India.” (with Guilhem Cassan and Rinchan Ali Mirza), July 2020.