I am an economist at the University of Notre Dame. My primary fields of research are political economy and development economics. Read about my work as part of Notre Dame’s Women Lead 2018 feature or watch a video about my research! My CV is here.
- University of Notre Dame
- Institute of Labor Economics (IZA): Research Fellow
- Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD): Affiliate
- Ideas for India: Editorial Board Member
- Podcast: “Democracy and political participation in India,” interviewed by Tim Phillips, CEPR VoxTalks, August 2023.
- Podcast: “Women’s Economic Empowerment,” interviewed by Grace Ortuzar, Kellogg Institute Global Stage podcast series, August 2023.
- Updated working paper: “Enfranchisement, Political Participation and Political Competition: Evidence from Colonial and Independent India,” with Guilhem Cassan and Rinchan Ali Mirza, June 2023. Appendix.
- Working paper: “Ethnic Conflict: The Role of Ethnic Representation,” with Sonia Bhalotra and Irma Clots-Figueras, WIDER Working Paper 2023/84, June 2023.
- “Memo on ‘Economic Determinants’ by Carl Henrik Knutsen and Sirianne Dahlum,” Democracy and Autocracy 21(1), June 2023.
- Updated working paper: “A Field of Her Own: Property Rights and Women’s Agency in Myanmar,” with Alexander Fertig, Alexandra Hartman and Edmund Malesky, April 2023.
- Article: “Leader Identity and Coordination.” (with Sonia Bhalotra, Irma Clots-Figueras and Joseph Vecci), Review of Economics and Statistics, 105 (1): 175–189, 2023.
- New book chapter: “Gender and Natural Experiments in Developing Countries,” with Irma Clots-Figueras, forthcoming in Handbook of Experimental Development Economics, edited by Utteeyo Dasgupta and Pushkar Maitra, December 2022.
- New working paper: “The Importance of Being Local: Administrative Decentralization and Human Development,” with Latika Chaudhary, October 2022.
- Case study: “Joe Biden’s Spending Plans: Building Back Better?” with Eduardo Pages, July 2022.
- Podcast: “The Role of History in Shaping India’s Development,” with Bishnupriya Gupta, Ideas for India Conversation, February 2022.