Farewell to Katie (Zakas) Rutledge

It is with mixed feelings that I share the news that NDAA’s Katie Rutledge has accepted an offer from the Indianapolis Teaching Fellows Program to pursue her dream of becoming a teacher at the elementary level. The Indianapolis program targets highly qualified and motivated professionals to teach in high-need schools, providing them the means to become certified in education. Katie’s last day with the University is Friday, May 17.

Since 2008, Katie has led the Alumni Association’s Service Program with integrity, hard work, and heartfelt compassion. She has served our alumni, parents and friends well, most recently pulling together an outstanding BCS service project in Miami for more than 300 people. In addition, under her leadership, Family Volunteer Camp has flourished. This summer the camp will be offered two weeks in a row, almost doubling the number of alumni families who will be able to participate.

Katie asks you to keep her and her husband, Jack, in your prayers as they make the transition to Indianapolis. Please join me in congratulating Katie and wishing her well.

8 thoughts on “Farewell to Katie (Zakas) Rutledge

1. Congrats Katie! You will be an awesome teacher. Those kids are lucky.

2. Best of luck Katie to you and Jack as you make your transition to Indy. It has been my pleasure to work with you these past five years and to know that you started with us as my student assistant. You are a very special person to me, and I will miss you. Keep in touch.

May God continue to shine his blessings upon you.

3. Wonderful news, Katie. Best of luck in Indy. I know you’ll be an excellent teacher.
    Jamie