Farewell to Barbara Kelly

It has been an honor and a privilege to work at Notre Dame. In these four years I am very proud of the Parents Program and what it provides for our parents and our University colleagues. Each day has made a difference in the life of a parent because they had a resource for parents at Notre Dame.

Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote “Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail.”

I came to Notre Dame four years ago to establish a program for parents that would provide information on a regular basis and opportunities for parents to be involved with Notre Dame. So it is with mixed emotions I share with you my decision to leave Notre Dame. I have enjoyed the friendships of colleagues across the campus and of parents across the country.

Notre Dame will always have a place in my heart and my spirit, and I will forever love thee, Notre Dame.

Gratefully,
Barbara M. Kelly

7 thoughts on “Farewell to Barbara Kelly

1. The parents of Notre Dame have been blessed by you Barbara. The sincere manner in which you cared for them is something you should be incredibly proud of. Thank you for your guidance, leadership, strength, kindness, and courage. You are loved and to say that you will be missed is an understatement. Go forth and shine!

2. Barbara, you are going to be missed. My best ever wishes for a wonderful new chapter in you life. Enjoy those grand babies.

3. What a difference you have made in the Parent experience in your four years. You will be missed.

4. It has been an honor to work with you, Barbara. You are an a woman we can all look up to and admire. You will be greatly missed.

5. Thank you for all you have done for Our Lady’s University. You are quite the role model.