University Relations Staff:
It is that time of year when we focus on the preparation of the budget for next fiscal year. The annual operating budget process includes proposed salary increases that are effective July 1, 2017, and the non-salary budgets. Please note that managers are receiving a separate memo that includes details on University guidelines, how to access specific charts, etc. This communication is intended to highlight the budget process and timeline internal to University Relations (UR) and to ensure you are familiar with the process and key contacts.
The Budget Team
- Mark Witucki – Alumni Association
- Mary Ellen Koepfle, Geoff Stookey, Brenda Carr – Development
Fiscal 2018 Budget Process and Deadlines
Merit recommendations are provided by managers based on employee performance during fiscal 2017. These recommendations are reviewed by the appropriate Associate Vice President and ultimately approved by Lou Nanni. Human Resources and the Office of Budget & Planning audit these recommendations to ensure consistent application of University guidelines.
There are no incremental increases for non-salary budgets this year. If necessary, members of the budget team will work with your unit to re-allocate funds within the org to better align the budget plan with the spend activity.
Please note the following deadlines:
- May 1 Self-reviews finalized in Endeavor – Step 5 (Send forward to your supervisor by May 1)
- Note: supervisors may designate an earlier deadline for the self-evaluation
- May 1 Managers finalize merit recommendations
- May 8 Associate Vice Presidents review and finalize merit recommendations
- May 12 Managers complete review in Endeavor (send forward to HR by 5:00 PM)
- Note: make sure Endeavor shows overall rating for your employee before sending forward
- May 15 Vice President approves merit recommendations
- June 16 Compensation statements sent to managers for distribution
- June 23 Staff salary notifications are available online in InsideND
Should you have any questions regarding the performance review process or the budget process, please let us know.
Mary Ellen Koepfle, C.P.A.
UND ’96 – SMC ’78
Director, Finance and Administration
University of Notre Dame
Office: (574) 631-9903
Office: 1100 Grace Hall