Congratulations and Best Wishes to Brian Powell

UR Team-

It is with great excitement for our talented friend and colleague, Brian Powell, (and mixed emotions from our team) that I share the news that he will be leaving Notre Dame to start a new role as Senior Director for National Leadership & Planned Giving at Make a Wish America. Brian’s last day with Notre Dame will be Monday, March 7, and shortly after he will begin his new role, which is remote based. We are so glad that the Powell Family (including Brian’s wife, Katie, and three adorable kids, Cooper, Brooks, & Fitz) will remain in South Bend, and that Katie will continue to be the Associate Head Coach of ND Women’s Lacrosse.

Over the last 9 years, Brian’s leadership, creativity, and teamwork have been critical to the success and growth of the Athletics Advancement team, the Rockne Athletics Fund, the Monogram Club, and the Annual Giving team. Brian’s impact will be felt by generations of Notre Dame student-athletes for decades to come. We are so grateful for his hard work, and are happy that a special cause like Make a Wish is gaining such a wonderful teammate and person.

Please find a message from Brian below:
“To each one of you – thank you for your friendship over the last nine years. Working at Notre Dame, particularly on behalf of Athletics, has been one of the great privileges of my life. It’s as if I was able to walk into my dreams and those experiences became my day to day reality. I had so much fun. But I think what I ultimately enjoyed most about the job was getting to work with such kind and talented people. The lessons and memories will come with me, and I will cheer on your continued success. I might even throw in the occasional tour or ticket request just to keep everyone on their toes. Thank you so, so much. Go Irish!”

Please join me in congratulating Brian. You will be greatly missed!

Go Irish!

Kim Borza Donaldson

12 thoughts on “Congratulations and Best Wishes to Brian Powell

1. Best of luck to you Brian. You will definitely leave a void in the Athletics Department. Thank you for always assisting me with requests. You will be missed.

2. Congratulations on the next chapter of your career! Always remember the significant impact you had on AGSM and being the first leader for our inaugural ND Day. Best wishes and we’ll miss you!

3. The University will miss you so much BP but couldn’t be happier that you and the family are staying in the area!

4. Brian, you will be missed beyond measure. Your strategic thinking, innovative ideas, and collegiality is our great loss. Here’s to your next great chapter!

5. Congratulations, Brian! We didn’t get to work together long, but I know you will be missed here @ ND!

6. Good luck Brian. While we just met, it’s clear what a difference you have made in athletics and beyond here at ND. Good luck to you and your family.

7. Congrats, and best wishes for your exciting next chapter! You will be missed!

8. Thank you everyone! Your kind words mean so much to me. I wish you all the best and hope to stay in touch!

9. BP, I’m sorry I am just now somehow seeing/hearing about this. Congratulations my friend! I wish we could have enjoyed a bit more time together, but in the short time we shared at ND I truly appreciate your gidance and friendship. Best of Luck to you!