My Experience as a PhD Research Intern at Google in New York City

This summer (2022), I had the incredible opportunity to work as a PhD research intern at Google’s New York City office. The experience was truly rewarding both personally and professionally, as I was able to dive deep into cutting-edge research and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the field.

My project focused on mapping network level metrics such as latency and loss to application performance. It was thrilling to work with large-scale network data sets and apply different statistical tools to extract valuable insights. As a research intern, I had the opportunity to put my knowledge and skills to the test, tackling complex problems with creativity and precision.

One of the most exciting aspects of my internship was the chance to meet and learn from research superstars like Neal Cardwell, Jeff Mogul, and Morley Mao. I was able to communicate and collaborate with them, receiving invaluable feedback and insights into the world of research.

I gained new perspectives, sharpened my skills, and made connections with some of the most brilliant minds in the industry. I am grateful for this opportunity and look forward to continuing to unlock the doors to innovation.