Education and Experience
2017–2021 Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Notre Dame
Summer 2020 Army Research Lab Internship
2016–2017 M.Sc. Chemical Engineering, University of Oklahoma
2013–2016 B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, University of Oklahoma
2020 Spring Exemplary Candidacy Exam Award, CBE Department, University of Notre Dame
2013–2017 United Parcel Service Corporate Scholarship, $24,000
2013–2017 National Merit Scholar, University of Oklahoma, $98,000
2013 Outstanding Senior Researcher Award, CBME Department, University of Oklahoma
Development of a Class I Force Field for Ammonium Perchlorate–Polymeric Binder Interfacial Studies
Force Field Modification Strategies for Improving Models of Protic Ionic Liquids: The Case of Ethylammonium Nitrate
Determination of Viscosity, Chemical Potential, and Solid-Liquid Coexistence Behavior of RDX and HMX at High Temperature and Pressure via Atomistic Molecular Dynamics Simulations
6. Garrett M. Tow and Edward J. Maginn, “A Cross-Linking Methodology for Fully Atomistic Models of Hydroxyl-Terminated Polybutadiene and Determination of Mechanical Properties,” Macromolecules, in press.
5. Bridgette J. Befort, Ryan S. DeFever, Garrett M. Tow, Alexander W. Dowling, and Edward J. Maginn, “Machine Learning Directed Optimization of Classical Molecular Modeling Force Fields,” arXiv:2103.03208, 2021.
4. Garrett M. Tow and Edward J. Maginn, “Fully Atomistic Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Hydroxyl-Terminated Polybutadiene with Insights on Hydroxyl Aggregation,” Macromolecules, 2020, 53, 7, 2594–2605.
3. Garrett M. Tow and Edward J. Maginn, “Evaluating physical properties of the orthorhombic crystal phase of ammonium perchlorate using a Class II force field,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, 2018, 149, 24, 244502.
2. Wei Cao, Linghong Lu, Musen Zhou, Garrett M. Tow, Liangliang Huang, Tingting Yang and Xiaohua Lu, “Hydrophilicity effect on CO2/CH4 separation using carbon nanotube membranes: insights from molecular simulation,” Molecular Simulation, 2017, 43, 7, 502–509.
1. Wei Cao, Garrett M. Tow, Linghong Lu, Liangliang Huang and Xiaohua Lu, “Diffusion of CO2/CH4 Confined in Narrow Carbon Nanotube Bundles,” Molecular Physics, 2016, 114, 16–17, 2530–2540.
3. “A Combined Quantum and Classical Atomistic Modeling Approach to Study the Aging of AP-HTPB Solid Propellants”, American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting, Held Virtually, November 15th, 2020.
2. “Predicting Aging Behavior of Solid Propellant”, Midwest Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics Conference, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA, June 3rd, 2019.
1. “Adsorption Characteristics of Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate on Zwitterionic Functionalized Alumina: A Molecular Dynamics Study”, Institute for Applied Surfactant Research Annual Meeting, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, USA, November 9th, 2016.
Journal Review Activities
Journal of Physical Chemistry (1)
Macromolecular Theory and Simulations (1)