Farewell and thank you, Michael!

Dear UR Family,

I write with the bittersweet news that our beloved colleague, Michael McLaughlin, will be retiring from his role in development at the end of this fiscal year after an esteemed 15 years of service to Our Lady’s University.

Throughout his career at Notre Dame, Michael has served both the university and benefactors in an incredibly thoughtful and caring manner. His passion, commitment, and hard work has resulted in incredible production over multiple campaigns. These gifts include the establishment of the Pulte Institute for Global Development, Smith Center in the Duncan Student Center, Berthiaume Institute of Precision Medicine, Our Lady of the Lake World Peace Plaza, and the William and Mary Anne Smith Ballroom, among others.

Beyond his professional achievements, Michael has been a source of kindness and mentorship to many of us. As he embarks on this new chapter of his life, we are filled with gratitude for his invaluable contributions and wish him nothing but happiness and fulfillment in the years ahead.

In recognition of Michael’s career, we plan to celebrate his retirement before the end of the fiscal year with more details to follow.

Please join us in expressing heartfelt gratitude to Michael and the McLaughlin family (Patty, Tommy, Daisy, and Maggie), for being such a cherished part of the Notre Dame community. We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

Tim Kelly
Senior Director, South Region

12 thoughts on “Farewell and thank you, Michael!

1. Congratulations. I am so happy for you and your family! Blessings! Angel

2. Congratulations, Michael! Happy for you and grateful for all you have done at and for Notre Dame.

3. WHAT….Michael! You will be missed, but congratulations to you! Sad for us, and happy for you!

4. You’re one of a kind. Forever grateful for you.

Love you, man! The best is yet to come…

5. Congratulations Michael, heck of a run! You lead by example, and have done so much for Notre Dame – thank you. You’ll be missed, but I’m excited for what’s next for you and your family!

6. Michael,

It has been an absolute joy to work with you these past 12 years. Congratulations and best of luck on your next chapter.

7. Michael,

Congratulations on your retirement! You will be greatly missed by all of us.

I always appreciated your kindness and sense of humor, even when Patti didn’t think you were so funny. 😉

Enjoy the next adventure that is in store for you!

8. Congratulations Michael! You will be missed for sure, but I am so happy that you will be able to spend more time with your family. Thank YOU for everything you have done for Our Lady’s University and the families that love her!

9. Wishing you good health, happiness, and success as you retire! Congratulations!

10. Congratulations, Michael!!! You will be missed! So happy for you, and I wish you the best of luck – thank you for EVERYTHING throughout the years! You are an amazing human!! 🙂

11. Michael, you will be truly missed. You’ve done so many great things for this university, and for your colleagues, for me. Thank you. Thank you!

12. Congratulations, Michael! You will be dearly missed. Thank you for all of your contributions to Our Lady’s University. You were one of the very first to welcome me and give me advice. I cannot thank you enough for all of your insight and wisdom! I wish you the best in this next chapter of your life!