Development Team Update

Dear Team,

I hope this finds you well. I write to share two important personnel updates.

Effective August 1, Jim Morrison will assume a new position, Assistant Provost for Strategic Initiatives. In this role, Jim will report to Tom Burish in the Provost’s Office and to Greg Dugard on our Development team. Jim will work closely with the Academy and Development to lead, coordinate and implement key multi-disciplinary initiatives and emerging opportunities that support Notre Dame’s mission and strategic goals. Some of these include the new Institute for Real Estate, scientific wellness, military/veterans initiative, and the Inspired Leadership Initiative. Special thanks to Jim for his vision, creativity and leadership of our academic advancement team during the past two years.

I am also pleased to announce that Michael Loungo will be promoted to the position of Sr. Director for Academic and Global Advancement, reporting to Drew Buscareno. Since joining our team in 2013, Michael has been a great leader in pioneering our global advancement team and the growth of Notre Dame International, forming key relationships and significantly increasing our international fundraising efforts as we prepare for the opening of the Keough School. I look forward to his elevated leadership role overseeing both our global and academic advancement teams.

Again, these changes will go into effect on August 1. Please join me in congratulating Jim and Michael. I look forward to continuing our work together and appreciate all your efforts on behalf of Notre Dame.

Best, Lou