Update from ACE/IEI

Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) founder Fr. Tim Scully, C.S.C., has announced that he will step down as director of the Institute for Educational Initiatives (IEI) and become its director emeritus beginning in January. He will continue to serve the University as a professor of political science, faculty fellow of the Kellogg Institute for International Studies, and IEI faculty fellow.
In a message sent to all friends of ACE, Fr. Scully shared, “Over the course of the past several sabbatical months I have had the opportunity to reflect deeply and gratefully on the endless blessings of my nearly forty years of priesthood in Holy Cross, as well as to discern God’s plan for my own vocation as a Holy Cross priest and the future mission of ACE and the IEI. In this spirit of prayerful discernment, I have decided that, after more than twenty-five years of sharing any and all the gifts that I have been given by God to support our mission, the time is propitious for a transition in leadership. I am absolutely confident that the team with which we have been blessed in both ACE and the Institute possesses the vision and gifts in abundance to lead us with grace and wisdom into the coming decades.
John Staud (jstaud@nd.edu) and Theo Helm (thelm1@nd.edu) remain the best contacts for Development needs as the Provost’s Office conducts a search for a new IEI director. Please also feel free to direct questions to me as the department’s ACE liaison.
Best,
Amanda Retartha