Included in your planning for the upcoming holiday break, please ensure that your requests for pre-break payments are forwarded timely for processing. During this high volume time, we ask that all requests for vendor payments, employee reimbursements, etc. be forwarded as soon as possible.
We will make every effort to generate pre-break payments for all requests received on or before the end of day on Friday, December 17. Requests for payment received after that time may not be processed until after break as our efforts will be focused on those received by the deadline. Please allow additional time for us to process requests for new or international payees due to potential tax or other compliance issues that may arise.
Please be aware of this timing. Also, please consider using your Procurement Card for eligible, small dollar transactions.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your requests during this time, please contact me. If you have an emergency payment situation that may arise during the break, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org which will be monitored.
Accounts Payable Manager
Happy birthday to all our UR colleagues celebrating their special days in December! We hope you have a holly jolly birthday!
12/2 – Kristin Schoenfeld
12/3 – Megan Macri
12/3 – Tom Cummings
12/4 – Mark Welch
12/4 – Tim Willis
12/5 – Hugo Manriquez Diaz
12/5 – Steve Nekic
12/6 – Pablo Martinez
12/6 – Wieslaw Kosidlak
12/7 – Curtis Claypool
12/8 – Karen Deak
12/8 – Kristin Trosper
12/9 – Abigail Spica
12/12 – Dolly Duffy
12/13 – Rudy Reyes
12/16 – Jerry Barca
12/18 – Kim Borza Donaldson
12/18 – Mike Schultz
12/20 – Lea Barthuly
12/22 – Pam Mullin
12/23 – Ben Moeller
12/26 – Andrew Owens
12/29 – Ken Heckel
12/29 – Luke Conway
12/30 – Sherita Jackson
With winter coming, we have been working with Kite Properties to adjust parking for the ESC Smart Cars. We wanted to provide some updates about parking locations for the cars this winter.
- Parking for SMART Cars #12 & #14 has been moved to the south end of the parking area below the building against the brick wall. This parking will be in effect through March 2022. The parking signs for these cars have been switched so the #12 & #14 signage is now on the winter parking locations and the cars have been moved to the appropriate spaces.
- The normal parking spots used by cars #12 & #14 now have signage with “Restricted – No Parking”. These spots will be used by both Kite Properties and ND Development through March 2022. If one of these spots (or both) is open, do not assume it is available for use. Please note, the signage includes verbiage that cars may be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Parking for SMART Car #9 will remain as is for now. We will reevaluate this as winter weather approaches.
- If you need to pick up or drop off, use the circle drive adjacent to the lobby doors. The use of flashers in this loading/unloading zone is encouraged.
The Notre Dame Family will be celebrating the Advent and Christmas season at our inaugural Gold and Blue Christmas Concert from Notre Dame LIVE on Wednesday, December 8th at 8:00 PM ET at go.nd.edu/jolly.
UR staff and families are invited to attend the concert in person at Leighton Concert Hall, free tickets are available at the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center Ticket Office starting at 6:45 PM, December 8th. Because this will be a live broadcast, doors close at 7:45 PM. Please contact Lin Wang with any questions.
As you may have noticed, coffee options for the past few weeks in ESC have been difficult. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this situation. The current supply chain issues as well as some on-campus policy shifts around Keurig machine requirements has caused us to pause and evaluate options going forward.
The great news is that we have a solution we are working to set-up and the not so great news is that it will most likely be between mid-December/early January before the installation can be complete. I am hopeful it will be sooner rather than later.
- For coffee drinkers:
- We are installing two (2) brew-to-cup machines for coffee (dark and medium roast), hot chocolate and cappuccino.
- The two (2) machines will be identical in terms of options offered.
- The locations will be in the Cafe (replacing the current machine) and the Catering Kitchen (adjacent to the Family Room).
- These are more sustainable options as no k-cups or paper filters are utilized. The machine will grind the coffee beans based on the cup size chosen (8 oz, 10 oz, etc.)
- For tea drinkers
- We will install a single stand alone keuring in the ESC “One” copier area (south end of the suite adjacent near Du Lac room).
- This machine will be for tea (we will continue to stock Green & English Breakfast teas) or your own k-cups.
In order to install the new machines (they are Keurigs), a different type of water filtration system is required. These filtration systems are currently being installed in the various sinks so they are ready when the machines arrive. We anticipate the machines being on campus sometime in mid-December.
Please note, the water coolers that are in the Cafe and the northside copier area are staying put and will be available as always.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we have worked to find a solution that can work for the team.
If you do have any questions, please feel free to reach out the Lana Taylor or Dawn Smith.
Please note that on Wednesday, December 1st at 12:15PM, Fr Jim Bracke will lead a prayer that remembers all loved ones of students, staff and faculty who have died. During this holiday season, it is important to give thanks for our loved ones we have lost.
The prayer service will be held at Coleman-Morse in the 1st Floor Lounge. All faiths or those of no faith are invited to join.
Please sign up to join us on Monday, December 6th at 3PM in the Eddy Street Cafe for our second ever UR Cookie Exchange! Please identify what cookie you plan on sharing, as well as if you have any allergies. To help keep our gathering self, please separate your cookies into separate plastic bags (about 6 cookies per bag) so other participants need only to grab a bag. Please indicate whether you’re able to join by Wednesday, December 1 so that we know how many cookies are needed. Happy Baking!
Please help us honor the life of Margot Witous, daughter of Jess Witous, by donating new or gently used mittens, hats, scarves, or coats to the Christ Child Society of South Bend throughout the month of November. Donations can be dropped off at Christ Child Society of South Bend at 2366 Miracle Ln. Mishawaka, IN 46545 or in one of the collection bins at our Eddy or Grace Hall offices starting later this week.