As you may have noticed, coffee options for the past few weeks in ESC have been difficult. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this situation. The current supply chain issues as well as some on-campus policy shifts around Keurig machine requirements has caused us to pause and evaluate options going forward.
The great news is that we have a solution we are working to set-up and the not so great news is that it will most likely be between mid-December/early January before the installation can be complete. I am hopeful it will be sooner rather than later.
- For coffee drinkers:
- We are installing two (2) brew-to-cup machines for coffee (dark and medium roast), hot chocolate and cappuccino.
- The two (2) machines will be identical in terms of options offered.
- The locations will be in the Cafe (replacing the current machine) and the Catering Kitchen (adjacent to the Family Room).
- These are more sustainable options as no k-cups or paper filters are utilized. The machine will grind the coffee beans based on the cup size chosen (8 oz, 10 oz, etc.)
- For tea drinkers
- We will install a single stand alone keuring in the ESC “One” copier area (south end of the suite adjacent near Du Lac room).
- This machine will be for tea (we will continue to stock Green & English Breakfast teas) or your own k-cups.
In order to install the new machines (they are Keurigs), a different type of water filtration system is required. These filtration systems are currently being installed in the various sinks so they are ready when the machines arrive. We anticipate the machines being on campus sometime in mid-December.
Please note, the water coolers that are in the Cafe and the northside copier area are staying put and will be available as always.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we have worked to find a solution that can work for the team.
If you do have any questions, please feel free to reach out the Lana Taylor or Dawn Smith.