- Club Baseball of Notre Dame built a five-run lead in the third inning and then held off Truman State’s charge for a 5-4 victory on Friday. Truman State scored four runs in the failed comeback on a error, a single by Bacardi, and a error.
- Club Baseball of Notre Dame earned the victory despite allowing Truman State to score four runs in the fifth inning. Moller, Bacardi, and J Bacardi all drove in runs in the frame.
- Andrew Skomra earned the victory on the pitcher’s mound for Club Baseball of Notre Dame. He lasted four and a third innings, allowing seven hits and three runs while striking out six. Tim Eiden and Bobby Hlavin entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief. Eiden recorded the last three outs to earn the save for Club Baseball of Notre Dame.
- DeRousse toed the rubber for Truman State. He went five innings, allowing five runs on nine hits and striking out seven.
- Matt Babuskow led Club Baseball of Notre Dame with two hits in three at bats.
- Truman State racked up eight hits in the game. Bacardi and Gilbert each had multiple hits for Truman State. Truman State didn’t commit a single error in the field. Bacardi had five chances in the field, the most on the team.
“Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.” Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.