More Student Feedback

“If alcohol advertisements were actually realistic, and if popular films portrayed relationships built on alcohol more accurately, I am convinced I would have no desire to drink at all. After watching a number of films dealing with this drug, and the plethora of research that has come along with it, I am suddenly not interested in the superficiality that alcohol can offer me, especially in my relationships, and I wonder how much further other people in my position are willing to let this false narrative go.”

“I did not expect the course to have me reevaluating my own drinking tendencies, from why to how much to when I drink. It made me question the role it has played in my friendships and romantic relationships, both in forming them and in hurting them. It also made me think more about how media influences the way we think about alcohol, as well as the way these depictions make people think about us. All of these things led me to a better understanding of who I am and why I drink.”

“This class has been the most introspective and self-reflective class I have taken at Notre Dame, and I am very happy I decided to take it. Will I stop drinking? No, I don’t think so. However, I now think about why I am drinking every time I do, which I think is a big step forward in my relationship with alcohol.”

“I can genuinely say that I drink way less since taking this course. Yes, I still drink, but I don’t get drunk. I remember everything, and I am the one now telling my friends the things they did the night before when they forget… I am so thankful for the lessons the Drunk on Film course has taught me.”