Young Entrepreneur Tips: Growth Hacking

After reading Patrick’s post (Cash Me Ousside), I was reminded of an article that I found about what makes someone stay on a website or make a purchase. This article is from 2016, but discusses what can make one ecommerce site more successful than others.

The bottom line is that people want to see a clean and fully functioning site before they make a purchase. If the first impression is a well-tested, bug-free website, there is a greater opportunity of sale. One of the tips mentioned that is under discussed is “Alpha/Beta Testing”. It seems shocking to me that there are still websites that go live without any sort of testing – even the video gaming community has moved to a process where products are put on the market in an “Early Access” stage to provide an opportunity for feedback.

http://www.business2community.com/digital-marketing/5-growth-hacks-can-come-handy-2016-increase-conversions-01462406#9ORwBhbULCuqX0J2.97

One thought on “Young Entrepreneur Tips: Growth Hacking

1. Interesting article – the second bullet, “deliver more than expected”, reminded me of an experience that I had recently with a startup company. Franklin & Whitman is a Philadelphia based all-natural skin care company that donates 5% of their proceeds to the largest no-kill shelter in Philly (Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society – “PAWS”). When Frank & Whit sent me my first selection of products, they included a “thank you for ordering” postcard. This card highlighted two deals – 1) if I wrote a free product review on their website, I would be sent a free product of my choosing, and 2) if I shared the product on social media, I would receive a 30% off discount code for my next purchase. I love the product and their mission, so I was happy to do both of these follow up tasks. Plus, I was getting something in return. This was back in December, and I’ve since maintained a dialogue with the company – I share stuff on my Instagram story and write product reviews, and in turn they send me special items. Plus, in sharing these experiences with my friends and family, I’m boasting about their amazing customer service tactics.

Assuming this is cost-effective, this experience has led me to consider the strategic benefits of using social media to market your products and to maintain a direct dialogue with clientele. It seems like a no-brainer, especially in a day and age where Instagram is as widely used of a platform as it currently is.