Law Schools Teaching Coding?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/education/edlife/where-non-techies-computer-programming-coding.html

I was reading the New York Times this past weekend and came across this article which I thought was interesting. The article notes that the tech revolution has led to an explosion in the demand for computer science courses among college students and that coding is essentially becoming part of the larger liberal-arts education.

Interestingly, even law schools are getting in the mix. The article notes that Georgetown Law teaches a class in coding. It seems particularly interesting because it so different that a traditional law school course. I feel like that type of course would be valuable, specifically in the case of dealing with sophisticated clients. Knowing the lingo and having a base understanding for some of the more technical nuances of what some of our clients may do in that space would be beneficial to both parties. I wonder, as lawyers begin to represent more clients in the startup and tech space, whether the demand in law schools for computer science classes will follow suit.

One thought on “Law Schools Teaching Coding?

1. Amen to this! Everyone needs to learn code at this point, and lawyers need these skills as much as anyone else.