Perpetual Prayer Dec. 20th

Good Morning:

As Lou mentioned at the end of the Lunch on Friday, there was an unexplainable, heart wrenching tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut. If you are like me, it is hard to fathom something like this happening. As we are called to do something to support these families, I suggest we commit to a day of prayer.  Whether you have 15 minutes or an hour, please try and set aside some time between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 20th, to stop in at the Blessed Brother Andre Chapel (200 Flanner Hall) where we will have a continuous day of prayer.  It would be ideal to have 15 minute shifts throughout the day; if you can stay longer than 15 minutes that would be terrific.  The idea is that someone from University Relations is there in this chapel praying continuously for these families from 8:00 – 5:00 p.m. on Thursday. If you cannot tie yourself down to any specific time, you are more than welcome to come over any time that day. I will also try and schedule one of our priests to say the Rosary at 4:30 p.m.

Please e-mail me at Leyes.1@nd.edu and let me know if you can help. You need not e-mail if you are not sure what time. I will keep all of you abreast as to how we are doing in filling in this schedule.

Thank You,

Doug

Douglas J. Leyes  MSA 2003                                                                                               Finance and Administration Assistant Manager